Worth my weight in gold

I am 5'4 and my current weight is 183 lbs. There. I said it. A lot of the time, I hate how I look. Seeing my body change like this has done a number to my self-esteem. I could get on my beloved soap box and rant about how the media pushes the image of beauty as being skinny.

But I've got a different perspective to point out.

I've been guilty of the eye rolling when a girl that is more slender than me complains of her weight. Like a twisted version of an upward comparison. How could it be that your weight excludes you from those who are allowed to complain about it? I am not morbidly obese. And I will never be so thin that my rib cage is visible. But this does not mean that I am not allowed to bitch about it. I want to make a conscious effort to put an end to the eye-rolling of others' weight.

Comments

  1. I used to do the eye rolling, but for a different reason as I was so thin I could never see why anyone would ever have a problem with weight or losing it. My thyroid then went wonky and I gained a lot of weight. I am now 5' 4" and 143 lbs and was same weight as you not so long ago. I no longer eye roll as I now know the problems from both sides. I still hate how I look but then I hated how I looked when I was thin too - I'm hoping one day to get to the place where I like how I look regardless of my weight. I hope you do too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really the important thing: to realize everyone has issues with appearance and, no matter how you try or what you weigh, you're not going to be attractive to everyone. Find people who love you the way you are and love them back the way they are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bush Confidence

I'm in the driver's seat, bitch